Microwave mug cakes make a quick easy and super kid friendly snack, or even lunch with a salad on the side!
4 tbs all purpose flour
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
3 tbs milk
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs pizza sauce (marinara or tomato will work too)
1-2 tbs shredded cheese
toppings of your choice
1. Whisk the flour, Italian seasoning, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in your mug of choice. Break up any lumps.
2. Add in the milk and olive oil, and whisk until almost entirely smooth. Small lumps are okay.
3. Spoon the pizza sauce over the dough batter gently, spread it around to the edges.
4. Sprinkle over your cheese and preferred toppings.
5. Microwave for 60 seconds, remove from microwave let rest for 10 seconds. Lift the dough and check for doneness. If needed return to microwave in intervals of 10 seconds.
6. Let rest 30-60 seconds before eating.