Use up that last bit of leftover rice and cilantro for a quick lunch or side dish. Cilantro rice is fresh, flavourful, and quick to cook!
1 bunch of cilantro
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup of peas – fresh or frozen
4 cups cooked rice – at room temperature
1/2 tbs ghee
1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1. Puree cilantro, garlic, and salt together into a fine paste. Use some of the stalks of the cilantro for extra flavour also. Keep aside.
2. Heat ghee over medium/high heat and add onions. Brown lightly for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add peas and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to low and add rice. If your rice is sticking together, you can add a few drops of water to help it break up.
5. Add cilantro puree to the rice and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes to warm through and incorporate flavours.
6. Serve as is, or top with a sprinkling of grated parmesan or a squeeze of lime juice.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: cilantro rice, coriander rice